Thank you for the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination, Ana, of the wonderful Ana Slanina site.
It’s nice to know that I can put a little sunshine in your day. If you don’t mind, I put a little twist to this award by not nominating the 11 bloggers one is supposed to because (a) I don’t know that many bloggers (that make me smile – just joking), (b) some already have the nomination and will likely not want to do it again (maybe?) and (d) some rules are fun to break.
• Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
• Nominate some bloggers who put a sunshine in your day
• Write 11 questions for them to answer
First, to answer your questions:
1. Do you watch TV series? Which one?
I succumbed to watching Breaking Bad after the series ended, which was good because I didn’t have to wait for the next episode. The other one I had decided to also watch after it’s been on for a while is The Game of Thrones. I’m all caught up now though, but I may not watch it again until a few seasons have finished so I don’t have to wait for a new episode every week. However, one show that I will follow every week when it comes back for its second season next year is Better Call Saul. Bob Odenkirk rocks.
2. What is your favorite movie so far in 2015?
The hilarious vampire movie, What We Do in the Shadows. A must see for those who don’t think watching paint dry is funny.
3. If you had to choose between happy family and successful career, which one would you choose? Why?
Hands down, a happy family. What’s a successful career but just a few pats on the back and more taxes to pay? Not a great substitute for laughter, lovin’, and livin’.
4. What was the most crazy thing you did in your life?
Ahem, we’ll just table that for now, or better yet, just sweep it under the rug . . .
5. If you had to decide where to live for the rest of your life what would be 3 most important aspects to keep in mind before moving?
That requires too much thought. I’m still trying to decide how to live.
6. What are you doing beside blogging? What are your other favorite hobbies?
Besides blogging, I read, write, eat, sleep, and shower. The loop is endless. My hobbies are to look for the silliest things in life and look and act serious.
7. We all had professors and teachers. Who is the one that inspired you most? Why?
The one who inspired me the most is this anonymous substitute teacher who allowed us to do whatever we wanted. That’s when my creative spark came to life.
8. Do you believe that we live more lives, but we just don’t remember the previous ones?
Yes, I believe we lead different lives every day and we get a touch of dementia at the end of each day so we forget who we were the day before. So, on goes the vicious cycle of what we call life, as we know it at the moment.
9. Are you a romantic person? What things you consider romantic?
Yes, I believe I’m a romantic because I can start a poem with “Roses are red . . .” alas, that is all I can write. And, I use the word “alas,” which makes me sound romantic. So, I believe that would answer the second question.
10. Would you like to read other people’s minds?
Not really because I can already read their body language, and sometimes, I’d prefer not to even know the language they speak.
11. Which camera you prefer? Nikon vs Canon? And if you could tell me which camera you have, I would be very happy.
You are very kind to assume I know anything about cameras. I am one of those people who like to remember things by using my memory rather than technology like the camera. However, I will say that I have spotted a Nikon and a Canon camera in my closet at some point in my life. I believe I have a Nikon sitting on a shelf gathering dust, while the Canon might have gotten lost forever. Alas . . .
So I don’t get shamed by those who wished they got nominated by me for the Sunshine Blogger Award (as if they would even wish such a thing), I will list them below (anyway), not in any particular order. But, I will not require them to answer any of my questions because they may prefer not to be bothered. How do I know this? Some of them clearly state “no awards please,” while others have so many already pasted on their sites that one more of the same might make them wish they didn’t make me smile.
Your questions should you care to answer any or all of them are as follows:
1. How do you feel about awards?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What makes your world rock?
4. What’s your favorite music?
5. How important is it to you to be a famous writer?
Thank you again for a fun little break, including breaking the rules.