I’ve been tagged by the ever-playful duo at Bookidote to do
It’s a fairly new tag, created last October by blogger, The Tattooed Book Geek. Although the rules listed below are simple, I’m making it even simpler by openly inviting everyone to join in this book tag.
- Credit Drew @ TheTattooedBookGeek as the creator of the tag, use the created tag name graphic, or create your own, and link back to his blog.
- Answer the questions.
- Tag as many people as you want.
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE GENRE?
I’m compelled to name two genres — thrillers and horror are what I read most these days. I don’t like using the word “favorite” because I also enjoy reading other genres. If I hadn’t read most of Ray Bradbury’s or Isaac Asimov’s books, I would say science fiction. Of course, there are many other good, contemporary science fiction writers out there too. (Besides science fiction, there were other years when I read mostly romance and then satirical fiction. I would go through periods of exhausting certain genres.) But, to keep this simple and easy, I’ve chosen the two genres I read the most, although I admit horror has remained a consistent favorite throughout my life.
- WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR FROM THE GENRE?
I have too many authors I read and like. However, to keep it simple, I’ve shown below book titles by a thriller writer and a horror writer that come to mind right now. They are just two of my many “favorite” ones!
- WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE GENRE THAT KEEPS PULLING YOU BACK?
The images, action, story lines that thrill, chill, and fill me with adrenaline.
- WHAT’S THE BOOK THAT STARTED YOUR LOVE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GENRE?
Another tough one. So many of them. I’ll say that after reading so many horror books by various writers, I feel as if I’ve exhausted the library’s collection, so then I ventured toward thrillers. I’ve presented below the book titles that I remember reading decades ago.
5. IF YOU HAD TO RECOMMEND AT LEAST ONE BOOK FROM YOUR FAVORITE GENRE TO A NON-READER/SOMEONE LOOKING TO START READING THAT GENRE, WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?
I highly recommend the book titles shown below if you want to appreciate the thriller and horror genres.
6. WHY DO YOU READ?
I enjoy stories that suspend reality, enthrall, and entertain me. There are good storytellers out there, some with better writing skills than others, but the story lines are key. And I like to think that reading good writing will help make me a better writer, too. I invite you to open the door to reading. You’ll be glad you did!